From the 1st of January until the 31 of March:
From the 1st of May until the 31 of October:
Full: €3, Reduced: €2
Special ticket package: Full: €3, Reduced: €2
Beside the numerous and various exhibits, special interest in the Museum of Volos presents the way of exhibition in the halls with the Neolithic artifacts and the halls with the representation of the graves. They allow the visitor to have a more direct contact with the antiquities and comprehend their function easier.
Periodical exhibitions take place in two halls of the Museum from time to time. At the moment there is an exhibition of the Angelos Bastis collection of Neolithic artifacts from all over Thessaly, which has been donated to the Museum. There is also an exhibition of the new acquistitions of the Museum which come from the recent excavations in the regions of Magnesia and Karditsa.
1) Neolithic Culture (Room G.Ch. Hourmouziadis): Architectural residues, food residues (seeds, animal bones), tools, vases, figurines, jewelry.
2) Ang. Bastis donated collection: Neolithic finds of the collection donated to the Museum by Ang. Bastis.
3) Major projects excavations: Finds from various sites excavated in large public projects carried out in the prefecture of Magnesia.
4) Written Demetrias tombstones: Findings from the city and the cemeteries, with emphasis on written tombstones.
5) Chthonic deities, graves offerings: Findings from cemeteries in the area.
6) Burial customs: Graves carried away unchanged into the Museum.