Information at tel. 0030 2107775950
The Museum was inaugurated on May, 1990 and constitutes a functional museum of modern art, able to house important exhibitions. The building, erected in 1926, was the holiday home of the great actress of the Greek Theatre, Marika Kotopouli. During the German occupation, the house was requisitioned by the Germans. Later it housed the Police Station of the area. Finally, with the support of the Association of Greek Actors, the Municipality, undertook to restore the house, which was classified as a listed building, and to show off its distinctive architecture and its beautiful interiors, where cultural activities of a high calibre are held today. This Museum does not exhibit objects related to Kotopouli. The building itself is of value as a museum; for the time being it welcomes temporary exhibitions, while it offers a permanent home to the artistic collection of Constantine Ioannides.