From the 8th of June until the 31 of October 2012: 9:00-16:00
Full: €3, Reduced: €2
The exhibition of the Archaeological Museum of Rethymno includes objects coming from excavations in the prefecture of Rethymno and give a timeless image of the cultural history of the county from the Neolithic Age to the Roman period. The exhibits are presented in chronological sections and excavation totals.
The collections include:
- Late Neolithic findings (3500 - 2900 BC) and Early Minoan (2800 - 2100 BC) years from the caves of Gerani, Melidoni Margeli and Elena.
- Middle Minoan period findings (2100 - 1600 BC) from the campuses Apodoulou, Monastiraki and the peak sanctuary in Vrisinas.
- Late Minoan period findings (1600 - 1100 BC) from the cemeteries of the region. The most representative is the cemetery of Armeni.
- Geometric findings (1000 - 700 BC) and Archaic (700-500 BC) years from Eleftherna and Axos.
- Classical, Hellenistic and Roman periods findings from Stavromenos and Argyroupolis (ancient Lappa).