In Ermoupolis there is one of the oldest museums of the country, founded in 1834 and is housed in the space of City Hall, an important monument of the city, work Enrst Ziller. Originally founded as a central departmental museum of the Cyclades because Ermoupoli is the capital of the county and included exhibits from all the islands of the Cyclades. Later the establishment of local museums and other islands, most of the museum's findings are limited to findings from Syros and short of Amorgos and Kythnos. The most important museum's collection consists of finds from the settlement of Chalandriani, dating back to the 3rd millennium BC Very important are also the exhibits of the 600 graves of great scientific and historical value found in the same area and dated to the Hellenistic era. The museum also presents some chance finds from Syros, several tombstones and a few sculptures, including an Egyptian statuette in black granite has been donated to the museum and represents the high priest Anchapi.