For organized school visits, call 2310514029.
The Water Supply Museum is a museum in Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia, Greece. It is located in the Sfageion area near the city’s western entry point. The museum began operating in February 2001. It is housed in the historical building known as the Old Pump House belonging to the Thessaloniki Water Supply and Sewage Company (EYATh). This building was constructed between 1890 and 1892 by a Belgian company, as part of the campaign to modernize Thessaloniki, along with other construction projects like the railways and the gasworks, and later on the electricity company and the tram network.
The museum aims to inform the public about the history of supplying water to Thessaloniki, to demonstrate the various stages in supplying a city with water, from water catchment to water consumption, and make the public aware of issues like reducing water wastage, so that they develop environmental sensitivities, especially as far as protecting the environment and water resources is concerned.