Summer(June 01-October 31):
Winter(November 01-May 31):
Full: € 2, Reduced: € 1
The Schimatari Archaeological Museum was built from 1890 to 1904 and it is the oldest of Viotia. Founded at the expense of the Archaeological Society to house finds, which came mainly from the necropolis and tanagraikes gathered from collections and from the first excavations of the Archaeological Society. Many tombstones were what remained of the desecration of ancient graves in early 1870. The aim of the illegal excavations were excellent art clay figurines, the "Tanagra" channeled illegally abroad, mainly.
The museum closed in 1983 for repairs and modernization. The aim was to reopen with new form and enrich the report with the findings of more recent excavations. The Re-Museum to the public by September 2006.