in: All Greece
- Cheese in Amfilohia. Crafts milk "resident John" based in Spring Amfilochias located in the production of traditional dairy products since 1979. Everyday our cheese plant treats only 100% Greek goat milk from local dairy farmers, which is controlled by collaborating laboratories on the recommendation of (fat, protein, SNF, blend with water in the presence of antibiotics, etc.), to ensure best quality of products. In 2007 the creamery was modernized in accordance with national and European standards. In this direction, equipped with the latest technology that contribute to a better and safer production, but does not deviate at all from the traditional methods of cheese production. Our business is fully harmonized with both the Greek and the European legislation and apply any necessary certificates of quality assurance. Specifically we offer: Certificate HACCP (ISO 22000) relating to hygiene and food safety, applied to the production process of each product at all stages of production, from receipt of raw materials to the final disposal of consumers. Certificate AGROCERT on the control and certification of Product Designation of Origin (PDO) and Geographical Indications. The experience we have gained from our presence for more than 30 years in the cheese, combined with our faith in traditional methods of production of dairy products and the unique flavor of milk, favoring vegetation and climate of the region, contributing in producing extremely tasty and quality products.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  49858Send e-mailANIXIATIKO - Amfilochia26420511046946004301
CHATZIZISIS - CHEESE FACTORY DESKATI GREVENA - TRADITIONAL CHEESE - FETA - KASSERI - KEFALOTYRI - DAIRY PRODUCTSAt an altitude of one thousand meters in the mountainous Deskati Grevena, produce faith tradition and love to work, authentic cheese products. We produce cheese PDO, PDO Feta, Parmesan and goat cheese. We implement quality assurance system iso 2000-2005 and have all the necessary certificates and legalization permits and proper functioning of our business. Our products are in the Greek market thirty years old now and have been recognized by the continuous presence in refrigerators selected food stores and large chains. As a second generation of more objective Chatzizisis family we maintain the excellent quality of our products and meeting the wishes of our customers in the best possible way. Hopefully a meeting with you to meet and create the foundations for a good long-term cooperation. 1) FETA - INGREDIENTS: Pasteurized milk 70% SHEEP AND MILK Goat UP TO 30% BY WEIGHT, rennet, salt - MICROBIOLOGICAL FEATURES SALMONELLA Absence in 25 GR Staph. Aureus / g 100 up to 1000 cfu (n 5 & c 2) E. coli / g 100 up to 1000 cfu (n 5 & c 2) Listeria ABSENCE OF 25 GR - PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS MAXIMUM HUMIDITY: 56% Minimum fat content on the dry: 43% 2) KASSERI Product Name: KASSERI Family Product / Production Line: Production line for semi-hard cheese Estimated life: 18 months from date of production if kept at appropriate temperature Composition: goat milk, rennet, salt Microbiological characteristics: - Listeria monocytogenes Absence in 25 g., N = 5, c = 0 - Salmonela spp Absent in 1 g., N = 5, c = 0 - Staphylococcus aureus, m = 100, M = 1000, n = 5, c = 2 - Escherichia coli, m = 100, M = 1000, n = 5, c = 2 Physico-chemical characteristics: - 4,8 - Fatty dry> 40% - Moisture <45% Maintenance conditions: - Storage <4 ° C - Transmission <4 ° C - Sale of <4 ° C Packing: - Head 7,5chlg a carton of 3 pieces and transfer to pallet 24 carton boxes or in one piece and transporting a pallet of 56 boxes. - Form 3 kg in carton of 3 pieces and transfer to a pallet of 56 boxes Marking / label: product name, quality A, cheese type, milk type, company name, weight, date of manufacture, expiry date, maintenance instructions, minimum fat and maximum moisture dry, code EEC. Distribution Method: same sale and selling in retail stores 3) KEFALOTYRI Product Name: Kefalotiri Family Product / Product line: hard cheese production line Estimated life: 18 months from date of production if kept at appropriate temperature Composition: goat milk, rennet, salt Microbiological characteristics: - Listeria monocytogenes Absence in 25 g., N = 5, c = 0 - Salmonela spp Absent in 1 g., N = 5, c = 0 - Staphylococcus aureus, m = 100, M = 1000, n = 5, c = 2 - Escherichia coli, m = 100, M = 1000, n = 5, c = 2 Physico-chemical characteristics: - 4,8 - Fatty dry> 40% - Moisture <38% Maintenance conditions: - Storage <4 ° C - Transmission <4 ° C - Sale of <4 ° C Packing: - Head 8,5chlg a carton of 3 pieces and transfer to pallet 24 boxes the - A carton of one piece and transporting a pallet of 56 boxes. Marking / label: product name, quality A type of cheese, milk type, company name, weight, date of manufacture, expiry date, maintenance instructions, minimum fat and maximum moisture dry, code EEC. Distribution Method: same sale and selling in retail stores
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  72318Send e-mailDESKATI - Grevena24620317286977587313
CHEESE FACTORY KASOS - TRADITIONAL PRODUCTS KASOS - DAIRY PRODUCTS - AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS - CHEESE - SHIITAKE - SAPLINGS - APOPSIMATA KASOS RHODES DODECANISAIn our dairy in the beautiful Kaso , produce dairy products , butter , yogurt , cheeses such sitaka , feta , gruyere , saplings , cheese , cream cheese , Kowloon and more. Our products will also find in store IN ATHENS 1 ) In Koh Miran Kouroulian Euripidou 45 Monastiraki , tel 2103217187 2) The Koh Arapian Euripidou 41 Monastiraki , tel 2103217238 3) Mrs Skiada, Iatridou 109 Kallithea , tel 2109585740 IN RHODES 1) The Souper Market Pappu 2) In Souper Marker Panagiota 3) Restaurant -Mini Market Project heroon Polytechnic 18 4) Mr Skoni 37 Rhodes Street Canada 5) Mr Georgios Stefanidis Ialyssos Rhodes , TEL 2241095269
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  112783Send e-mailAGIA MARINA - Kasos2245041953,22450418056974113789
CHEESE FACTORY TYRNAVOS LARISSA - DAIRY PRODUCTS - FETA OF TIRNAVOS - MANOURI - GOAT CHEESE - ANTHOTYRO GIZA TYRNAVOS LARISSA THESSALYΟur traditional cheese factory is located in Tirnavos, a small town built at the foot of Olympus, which is famous for its dairy products and distillates. Established in 1969 and since then operates producing traditional cheese of Protected Designation of Origin (PDO). We chose this location to build the factory because the microclimate and the ground morphology of the area is the most ideal to produce raw sheep's and goat's milk which gives excellent organoleptic characteristics to traditional Greek dairy products, nothing compares to the pastures of Olympus. With respect to tradition we manage to produce cheese of unsurpassed quality and taste. With first priority to taste and quality have developed a network of customers almost all over Greece and Europe. In our company we constantly keep stocks in large quantities in order to fulfill any need of our customers. The products we produce in our cheese factory are the following: FETA: The well-known to everyone. GOAT'S CHEESE: Is nothing other than feta made from 100% Greek goat milk if desired we can put some rancid and spicy flavor in. MANOURI: One of the most tasty cheeses of Greece. ANTHOTYRO: Light cheese at the same time tasty, ideal for low salt and calorie diet. GIZA: Soft granular cheese, mainly used in pies.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTS103808Send e-mail2nd KLM TIRNAVOU LARISAS - Tirnavos24920247836972265006
CHEESE MAVROMMATI-MUSZAKI KARDITSAS PAVLOS THANOS - TRADITIONAL CHEESE PRODUCTS BLACKBERRY - KARDITSA MUSHROOM - FETA - KASERI KOFINATO - KEFALOTYRI - MYZITHRA - CREAM OR MELISSA... because everyone in his work and Thanos in his cheeses .... !!! The traditional chef "MELISSA" by Mr. Pavlos Thanos, located in Mavrommati, based in Mouzaki Karditsas, birthplace of Georgios Karaiskakis, has been working on local milk production for many years and produces excellent quality traditional cheeses. The production of cheese products takes place in a very traditional way. The dairy products of Mr. Pavlos Thanos in the cheese dairy The traditional production and marketing of MELISSA but also with respect to the consumer produces with the same zeal and taste the pure traditional cheese products as in the old good weather. Specifically we have for all our products: - The HACCP (ISO) Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate applies to the production process of each product at all stages of production, from the receipt of raw materials to final disposal to consumers. - Certificate of Designation of Origin (PDO) In our place, we highly value authentic products. Because thanks to these we carry memories full of color, taste and pleasures that remind us of one generation of our life, but deeper the home of our grandmother and grandfather. That's why the product we care to put on your table is from pure and traditional materials. Putting tradition forward, above all, our business creates and promotes products made from pure and natural materials. Besides, this line is always followed by generation to generation. This is the recipe in order to achieve with confidence the reliability, quality and authenticity of pure materials to our customers. Trying for sure their taste will be unforgettable.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  403682 Antoni Vasileiou Str, Mouzaki - Karditsa24450412276974631575
CHEESE PRODUCTS CHANIA - CHEESE - CHEESE PRODUCTION & MARKETING - YOGURT ANTHOTYRO Stack mytzithra - ZYMVRAGOUDAKIS NikolaosCheese products, Hania.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  22996Send e-mailKEFALAS - Chania28250223566972218689
CHEESE PRODUCTS KEFALONIA - PRODUCTION TRADE - FETA CHEESE SUPPLY KEFALONIA - WHOLESALE AT BUSINESSES - TZORTZATOS GEORGEIn our country we greatly appreciate the authentic products. Because thanks to them we carry within our memories full of color, taste and pleasures that remind us of a life of our generation, but more deeply the house of his grandmother and grandfather. That is why the product to be put on our table is simple but fresh and traditional materials. Putting forward the tradition, above all the cheese creates and promotes our products are made of pure and natural materials. The production of feta in the traditional way for 30 years since the TZORTZATOS GEORGE created this tradition to the next generation. This is the recipe to accomplish with confidence its reliability, quality and authenticity of fresh products to our customers. The original cheese product is part of the daily diet of a traditional Greek table. We succeeded "to enter the best tables" having built relationships of trust with our customers and remaining faithful to our products and on the values of simple, authentic Greek table. Our goal from now on will be to continue to produce with the same zeal and passion pure traditional cheese products. Unique quality, low prices, nationwide service !! WITH RESPECT TZORTZATOS GEORGE
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  35158DILINATA - Kefalonia26710844576945401276
- Creamery, cheese, in Samothraki. In Samothraki, a place with its own flora and full of goat herds, there is only one creamery. And has a new producer, Panagiotis Papanikolaou. The creamery was belonging to his grandfather. His father worked on other jobs. Milk and goat meat arrives at the island creamery and cheese immediately. In 2000, Panagiotis, after his studies in Economics in Thessaloniki, he returned to the island to live there and running again the dairy. The modernized, took the appropriate credentials and studied alongside masters cheesemakers, Sarakatsans and people from Ioannina. He had, indeed, and the help of a professor of Ioannina School Milk, Mr. Manthou Galani. Just 4 years ago he undertook the cheese-making. He makes the cheese that we are awarding; the kashkaval cheese Sarakatsan fermented in hand and feta. The Sarakatsan cheese, the kashkaval, are kneaded by hand. All made from goat's milk on the island with natural yoghurt culture, and are available in their store in Alexandroupolis. A rate available in the local market and tourists on the island, while a smaller arrives in Athens and Thessaloniki. "One reason that our cheese is special," he said, "is that animals salten daily and graze the highly diverse flora of Samothraki. And I am determined to make cheese only as long as i have milk from the island. "
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  77296Send e-mailMAKRYLIES - Samothraki25510952196974776827
DAIRY PRODUCTS ARNEA HALKIDIKI - TRADITIONAL GOAT CHEESE - CHEESE KARAGIANNI - DAIRY PRODUCTS HALKIDIKIDairy products, goat cheese, paneraki - slice, traditional sheep and goat cheese and yogurt. Traditional dairy products from ewe and goat milk from our own production.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  83278Send e-mailARNEA - Chalkidiki23720224436972015681
- Cheese products in Chania.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  56986Send e-mailDIMOTIKIS AGORAS 8 - Chania2821053120
DAIRY PRODUCTS FARSALA LARISSA Thessaly - CHEESE YOGURT ANTHOTYRO tsalafouti - PRODUCTION & TRADE FARSALA CHEESE - CHEESE SUGARThe activity of the dairy SUGAR starts in 1981 at Pharsalus Larissa in the form of small sole proprietorship. There the production of cheese products made with very traditional way. Dairy products SUGAR, having knowledge production and marketing of dairy products and with respect to the consumer for better quality, creating in 1996 a new unit. A modern unit of production and packaging of dairy products, which always keeps constant quality that our name. Our goal from now on will be to continue to produce the same zeal and passion pure traditional cheese proionta.Megali variety of dairy products from goat's milk, Farsalos cheese, yogurt sheep Traditionally, Cream Cheese, tsalafouti and more. Excellent quality, low prices, nationwide service! Thank you for your trust ...
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  37139Send e-mail2nd KM FARSALON LAMIAS - Farsala2491024029,2491025029,24910260296976673958, 6976673962
DAIRY PRODUCTS in FLORINA WEST MACEDONIA - MILK PRODUCTS - Manufacturer of cheeses - DAIRY PRODUCTS in FLORINA WEST MACEDONIACheese products in Florina.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  59813Send e-mailSTEFANOU DRAGOUMI 21 - Florina23850411016937207585, 6937207625
- We are the third generation of the family involved in the preparation of traditional dairy ( yogurt , screed , pudding , ice cream) . Gogos Markos and Gogou Goni are two brothers and members of the company which was launched with this name in 2002 in the Industrial Area of Kavala. From 1964 to 2002 the work on guiding our father Nikos Gogos . Led slavery in wholesale in all shops of the county and the Hospital of Kavala and in the 1973 produces first in the county lean cow yogurt 0 % . The 1931 is the first record in the Chamber of Kavala from our grandfather Gogo Marcos, who was born in Kastoria Klisoura , because of the war migrated to Constantinople and lives next to his fathers brother, where he learns the production of yogurt , screed , rice pudding . In 1931, then settled in Kavala . His first shop was in St. Paul and starts producing and selling yoghurts . Since then many people grew up with these products and continue to produce today . We marry tradition with modern technology to prepare pure products tasty and safe for us and our children . Our products are: • Cow yogurt with film • Sheep yogurt with film • Lean film with 0 % • Lean 2% film • Strained yogurt traditional • Ariani • Rice pudding • Ice cream in 20 flavors • Cream
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  113824Send e-mailINDUSTRIAL AREA OF KAVALA - Kavala25103614636944602289, 6944895908
DAIRY PRODUCTS Rethymno - CHEESE - PRODUCTION & TRADE CHEESE - CHEESE Rethymno Crete - CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE ANTHOTYRO - DOUROUNTOUDAKI EKATERINICheese products in Rethymnon.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  46487Miriokefala - Rethymno28310822106976975453
DAIRY PRODUCTS TRIPOLI - ARKADIA CHEESE - CHEESE WHITE CHEESE ANTHOTYRO MIZITHRA - TRADITIONAL BUTTER YOGURT - ATH. MANIATI & SONSOur dairy started in 1952 by Athan. Maniatis the KYRIAKOULA from Mani THIS CHEESE Arachanites in Arcadia, and later now undertaken by two sons kingdom and John where he focused on the traditional cheese factories . The production of cheese products made with very traditional way. Dairy products ATHAN. MANIATI and Sons having knowledge production and marketing of dairy products and with respect to the consumer for better quality, generates 2005 a new unit . A modern unit of production and packaging of dairy products, which always keeps constant quality that our name . Our goal from now on will be to continue to produce the same zeal and passion pure traditional dairy products. A wide range of dairy products such as feta , gruyere , SHEEP CHEESE goat , goat cheese , yogurt, traditional and sackful , cream cheese , butter FRESH AND PROCESSED and more. In our country we very much appreciate the authentic products. Because thanks to them we carry in our memories full of color, flavor and pleasures that remind us of a life of our generation , but ever deeper into the house of her grandmother and grandfather . For this and the product we put on our table is simple but pure and traditional materials. Putting forward the tradition , above all , our company creates and distributes products made from pure and natural materials in a traditional way . Besides this line is followed for thirty years since the Maniatis ATHANASSIOS created this tradition to the next generation. This is the recipe to achieve with confidence reliability, quality and authenticity of pure materials to their customers. Excellent quality , low prices , nationwide service ! Thank you for your trust ... 1.KALAMON TAPIAS 1 TIL.2710232339 2.OUASINKTON 75 CENTER TRIPOLI , TIL.2710225481 3.PALAIA NR Tripolis - Kalamata ASEA , TIL.2710581260
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  298032Send e-mailTHANAS - LOCATION KLISOURA - Tripoli2710224980,2710232339,2710225481,27105812606944559712
FLAVOR LIMNOU - TRADITIONAL GROCERY MYRINA LIMNOS - KALATHAKI CHEESE - MILK AND CHEESE PRODUCTS - ANTHOTYRO - SLICE - MIZITHRAKalathaki Lemnos Lemnos melichloro, feta, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, Limnos. The company was founded in 1978 in Myrina Lemnos George Markakis. The passion and knowledge of the family in the field of cheese, quickly made the company famous in all the island and its products, blown away by every grocery store era. The company was brewing three types of cheese: The Basket of Lemnos, the melichloro Lemnos Lemnos and Feta. Over time, the great demand of the company's products within and outside Lemnos and its continued development, forcing George Markakis for a radical change. In 1995, the company evolved into a Limited Company (SA) changing and modernizing its facilities. Then start and the company's exports to Canada, Australia and all over Greece made the initial Basket Lemnos and other products of the company, known in every corner of Greece. All this long development could not be left out of global standards certification and product safety. So the company for several years using a system HACCP 1416:2000 and is now undergoing the certification process in ISO 9001. H Galaktotyrokomiki Limnos has been awarded to Greek Festival 2007 Milk and Cheese with the "Silver Award Taste", reaping the best comment from tasters and consumers.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  61975Send e-mailAGIOS DIMITRIOS - Limnos22540926556979449850
- The cheese unit "GENNA" is based in the homonymous village of Heraklion, Crete, and lead by Stavrow Vrentzos, has been active in the production of milk products for many decades. A source of inspiration for the visibility of the image of our business and corporate identity is the photo of the breeder of the Vrentzos family, who loves giving a candy to the goat. This image accompanies and distinguishes our business which is based on family tradition. Genna is a mountainous village where our cattle-breeding and cheese-making unit is housed, having the most favorable climatic conditions for animal husbandry and hence the quality of its derivatives. The cheese unit "GENNA" promotes a large part of the Cretan tradition through the production of pure cheese products of exceptional quality and unique taste. Trust the experience of tradition, which, combined with the modern means, creates special products, known all over Greece. We are at your disposal for any information.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  16679Send e-mailGENNA - HERAKLION6980579293
- Hellenic Farms Dairy Products Rethymnon GR ABOUT US The company HELLENIC FARMS S.A. has been active in the food packaging sector in Rethymnon since 2010 aiming to ensure high quality products. Since then, with continuous efforts to improve the products quality and services, through continuous research, development and training of the company's staff, and with strict adherence to all specifications combined with certified procedures and quality controls, it has been able to respond faithfully to increasing demands of the seasons while increasing market share in Greece and abroad. With the constant modernization of our mechanical equipment and always aiming our products to be a quality choice, we have managed to achieve absolute price competitiveness for the benefit of consumers, combining the high demands for a healthy diet and quick and friendly service. 16TH klm RETHYMNON-HERAKLION,RETHYMNON ΤEL: +30 28310 58814, E-mail: email@example.com
Category: DAIRY PRODUTS66021Send e-mail16TH klm RETHYMNON-HERAKLION,RETHYMNON - Rethymno2831058814
- The company "MAGINA BROS" has been active since 1965 in the production of dairy products with a significant presence in the Attica market and for the production and distribution of high quality products. With the primary concern for quality, "MAGINA BROS" has a dynamic presence in the following sectors: Yoghurt - Rice - Cream - Desserts. Raw Material - Production Method All products are produced at the plant of the company located in Kalyvia Thorikou, Attica. The milk is collected by producers of Kalyvia, Anavyssos, Lagonissi, Markopoulo. We know the producers personally and control all stages of production and processing, from proper animal feed to the final product without any intervention or addition of milk improvers and preservatives. During the preparation of the products we try to strengthen its special characteristics by combining traditional recipes with modern technology and know-how. Quality assurance At our factory we have developed a HACCP system for each production line to fully guarantee the safety of our products and the maximum quality result. Our products Yoghurt Cow Packing 220gr. Yoghurt 50% Sheep - 50% Cow 220g, 300gr. Yoghurt Sheep in clay Package 200gr, 500gr, 1000gr, 2000gr. Vanilla cream 180gr. Chocolate cream 180gr. Rice 180 gr. Cream - Gel 200gr. Stuffed Yoghurt Cow 500g, 1000gr. Gel 200g Mustalevria 180gr, 500gr.
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  28114Send e-mailKalivion avenue - Kalivia22990474696944711653
MANDARAKI SONS CHRISTOU CO - SINCE 1981 - DAIRY PRODUCTS - MEAT - BUTTER - OLIVE OIL EXPORTS - WHOLESALE & RETAIL TRADE - PYRGOS ILIAS GREECE - MANDARAKIS KONSTANTINOS & GEORGE MANDARAKIS- www.mandarakis.comEXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL IN LOW ACITIDY AND BIO Extra virgin olive oil low in acidity 0.3%. From the Olympian territory, the land where for two thousand years now the best quality olive oil all over the world is produced. In our company YIOI XRISTOU MANDARAKI O.E. we are very happy that we can deliver this gift of God throughout the world. Thank you for your trust and for choosing our company YIOI XRISTOU MANDARAKI O.E. CHEESE PRODUCTS In our country we very much appreciate the authentic products, because thanks to them we carry in memories full of color, flavor and pleasures that remind us of a life of our past generations, but even deeper our grandmother's and grandfather's place. That's the reason why the products we put on our table range within simple but fresh ingredients and traditional materials. Putting the tradition ahead, above all, our company creates and distributes products made from pure and natural ingredients. After all we follow this line for more than thirty years, since Mr. MANDARAKIS created this tradition to pass to the next generation, the company ''YIOI XRISTOU MANDARAKI OE'' which is the recipe to achieve confidence along with reliability, quality and authenticity of pure materials to their customers. Milk, cheese, feta cheese, yogurt and other dairy products are authentic part of the daily diet of a traditional Greek meal. We succeeded "to enter the best tables" Having built relationships of trust with our consumers, and staying loyal to our products and the values of simple, authentic Greek meal. Our mission is to offer our letatest, safe and top quality fresh dairy products and we go on since 1981 until today. FETA CHEESE Made from sheep's milk or mixture of it with goat milk. It has a slightly salty and sour taste and natural white color. Can be classified as organic product produced by milk from animals fed free range, where there no insecticides used, pesticides or other contaminants. It is consumed as table cheese, fried and used in salad and cheese. The average composition is: moisture 52.9%, fat 26.2%, protein 16.7%, salt 2.9% and pH 4,4. Feta is the most famous cheese produced since the time of Homer. It is a soft, white cheese which ripens and is kept in brine for two months. An important part of the Greek diet associated with the history and traditions. The average consumption of Feta in Greece is the highest in the world, reaching about 12 kg / person. For the preparation of the cheese, initially becomes standardized goat milk to fat and protein, so that the relationship of casein to fat is from 0.75 to 0.8. The milk after standardization is determined and pasteurized at 68oC for 10 min (slow pasteurization), or at 72 ° C for 15 sec (Fast pasteurization). After pasteurization the milk is cooled to 34-36oC, lactic acid bacterial cultures are added, calcium chloride in a ratio 10-20g/100 kg milk and after about 20 min enough rennet is added for coagulation time to occur within 45-60 min. The curd is then divided into blocks of edge about 1-2 cm, stands still for 10 min, is stirred very gently, and again allowed to stand for 10 min. and then transferred to molds. The molds are metallic or plastic stainless, rectangular or cylindrical shaped, with a large number of holes throughout its surface to facilitate draining of the curd. After installation of the curd in the molds, they are maintained at a temperature of 16-18oC, inverted 2-3 times, and the curd, salted with coarse salt on the surface until the following day, so as to remove the desired amount of whey. The next day, the cheese is removed from the molds, divided into wedge-shaped or rectangular pieces, placed temporarily in open barrels or containers in layers salted with coarse salt, in an amount of 3% of the weight of the cheese. After 2-3 days, the pieces of cheese are placed in barrels or tins, covered with brine 7% and transferred to chamber of temperature 16-18 ° C, where they remain for 10-15 days to complete the first stage of maturation. Then they are transferred to cold storage at a temperature of 2-5 ° C until 2 months of preparation are completed. When maturation is completed, according to the law, they are ready for disposal. Feta cheese has been established by the European Commission as a product of protected designation of origin (PDO). This means that the name "Feta" can not be used in cheese of similar recommendation made abroad or of another process than the traditional. PDO is adopted by the EU to protect the products of local origin and it came into force in 1996. The registration of feta in the list of products of PDO caused many reactions from countries that produced large white cheese quantities until then, such as Denmark, France and Germany. The registration was canceled by the Court of Justice in March 1999 (joined Cases C-289/96, C 293/96 and C 299/96). The Commission has proceeded in an analytic research, which finally concluded that Feta cheese should be protected as a ''protected designation of origin'' product. In October 2002 a new regulation re-posted feta in the list of products PDO according to European Law. New appeal of Denmark and Germany against this regulation was finally rejected by the ECJ in 2005 (Joined Cases C-465/02 and C-466/02).
Category: DAIRY PRODUTSImages  35916Send e-mail10, MANOLOPOULOU STR - Purgos+0302621025795+0306985969298
Page 1 from 2 Next