- Open: Τhe Museum will be closed to the public from May 2012 until summer 2015 due to renovation works funded in the context of the Regional Operational Programme of Western Greece – Peloponnese - Ionian Islands (project title 'Retrofit and re-exhibition at the Archaeological Museum of Corfu). Corfu Archaeological Museum houses findings derived exclusively from the island of Corfu and revealed with them the cultural presence over time in the ancient world. The aim of the museum is to bring together visitors with its ancient ancestor, through creations. Also to demonstrate the continuity of civilization in the island of Corfu and create the foundations that will help everyone to experience its cultural identity and to embrace the usefulness and necessity of preservation. The need to extend the museum and re-exposing is constantly growing due to new archaeological finds.
Category: MUSEUMSImages Send e-mail1, Vraila Str. - Corfu2661030680
- Open: Winter: Open every day except Monday: 08.00-15.00. Summer: From April 1st, 2014 the Museum is open everyday from 08.00 to 16.00. Last admission to the Museum is thirty minutes before closing. Tickets: Full: €3, Reduced: €2 The Palaiopolis Museum exhibition aims to inform the visitor on the use of the building and the history of the estate from antiquity to the 20th century, revealing important aspects of life in ancient Corfu and historical development of the ancient city. The objects on exhibition, covering the period of construction of the villa, where the museum is housed, but also all life centuries of the ancient city of Corfu (late 8th c. BC to 500 AD). The exhibition is organized in thematic units that involve and chronological succession. The sections on the history of the villa and the estate, the dominant rhythms of 19th c., When the villa was built on the idea of the time of antiquity, the history of the island and the city and then of life in space Paleopolis. They concern finally in important areas of life and activity of ancient Corfu but also to reach the archaeological research to discover, to reconstruct and make the estate all the past.
Category: MUSEUMSImages Send e-mailMon Repos Estate - Corfu2661041369
- Open: Winter: 08:00 - 16:00 Closed on Monday Summer: 08:00 - 16:00 Closed on Monday Tickets: Full: €4, Reduced: €2 Special ticket package: Full: €8, Reduced: €4 It is valid for the Archaeological Museum of Corfu, the Old Fortress of Corfu, the Byzanitne Museum of Antivouniotissa and the Museum of Asian Art. Valid for: Archaeological Museum of Corfu, Byzantine Museum of Antivouniotissa, Museum of Asian Art, Old Fortress of Corfu The museum is housed in the church of Panaghia (Our Lady) Antivouniotissa, one of the oldest churches in the city of Kerkyra, dated probably to the 15th century. In 1979, the church was donated by the families of Alamanos, Mylonopoulos, Rizikakis and Scarpas, to the Greek state, in order to become a museum. After the necessary restoration of the building, the exhibition was opened to the public in 1984. In 1994, after the second and final phase of the restoration, the icons were re-exhibited.
Category: MUSEUMSSend e-mailCorfu - Corfu2661038313
- Open: Winter: From the 1st of November until the 31 of March: 08:30-15:00 The Capodistria Museum and Centre for Capodistria Studies was founded in 1981. The Building and land which are situated at the site called Koukouritsa, in the village of Evropouli, in Corfu, formed part of the property of Governor John Capodistria's family and were donated by Maria Desylla-Capodistria. The exhibits displayed in the Museum are objects belonging to Capodostria as well as period furniture in use during his lifetime.
Category: MUSEUMSImages 120, Capodistriou Str. - Corfu2661039528
- Open: Winter: From the 1st of November until the 31 of March: 8:30-15:00 he Municipal Gallery of Corfu has been in operation since 1978 in a building which is a legasy of the Dalietos family. When the gallery became a leggaly-recognized public institution in 1991, an effort was made to make its collection, mainly constituted by donated works, more widely known. Among the most important collections are those of the Samartzis collection (42 works), the Aglaia Papa (23 works) and Philippos Makotsis (12 works) collections; while there are also two works donated by Nikolaos Ventouras. The greater part of the collection of the Municipal Gallery of Corfu consists of works by 19th-century Corfiot painters (Haralambos Pachis, Pavlos Prossalendis the younger, Angelos Giallinas, Vicentios Boccaciampis, S. Skarvelis, Lyk. Koyevinas, G. Samartxis); this is the period which produces some of the most representative painters of the Ionian islands.
Category: MUSEUMSImages 1, Akadimias Str. - Corfu2661039553
- Open: Monday to Sunday: 08.00-20.00 Tickets: Full: €3, Reduced: €2 Special ticket package: Full: €8, Reduced: €4 Valid for: Archaeological Museum of Corfu, Byzantine Museum of Antivouniotissa, Museum of Asian Art, Old Fortress of Corfu Today the Palace of Archangel Michael and St George houses the Museum of Asian Art of Corfu, the only museum in Greece that is dedicated exclusively to art and antiquities of the Far East and India. Founded in 1928 as Sinojapanese Museum of Art, on the occasion of the donation of sinojapanese collection of Gregorios Manos. Since then, the Museum worked like a magnet, attracting many other donations, thus includes about 15,000 objects Asian art from private collections and donations of individual objects. Particularly donation Hatzivassiliou in 1973 with the addition of 400 works from India, Pakistan, Tibet, Siam and Southeast Asia, has changed the nature strictly sinoiaponiko Museum and resulted in the renaming of a Museum of Asian Art.
Category: MUSEUMSImages Send e-mailOld Palace - Corfu2661030443,2661020193
- Open: Summer: June-August: Daily 09.30-14.00 Winter: September to May: 09.30-13.00 Fhe National poet of Greece, Dionysios Solomos, lived for the greater part of his life and to the day of his death (1798-1857) ao the island of Corfu, where he also wrote the major and the most important part of his work, including the "Free Besieged". The house were he lived, wrote and died was destroyed by the World War II bombings, but was later restored and still stands today. In this house, the Society for Corfiot Studies founded and operates a Solomos museum and a Centre for Studies on Solomos. In it preserved the poet's desk and a small autograph. There is also on display a collection of phtographs related to the places, the people and the events of Solomo's life, work and period, an important collection of Solomo's books, which is constantly being enriched and which includes all the old editions of the "Hymn to Freedom", as well as a series of portaits of the poet and of members of the so-called Solomos school.
Category: MUSEUMSImages 1, Arseniou Str. - Corfu2661030674